Saturday, January 30, 2010

My childhood !!!

I thought and thought and thought ! I love thinking .... yeah !

April 18, 1988... that was the day when God gifted my parents a baby. Yea ! That was me. But that baby has become their worst nightmare now :x

Born and brought up in Chennai, I never did anything worthwhile in my life. I love many things, to do or to watch others do....

Vinoo was my 1st companion during my childhood. My cousin Vinoo lived with us during my childhood days... he was 4 days younger to me... Ya ! I was the elder one then.. lol ! We had a great time doing "nothing". We played in the sands. We played with toys. We fought with each other. We did everything that very indisciplined kid would do. We actually grew up together. Our parents or our grandparents saw no difference in both of us. He was my only companion then. And even now, he still is the only companion of mine. We had a lovely time then, in everything.

Books 2nd my second companion. My mom ! Whoa ! What a woman she is ! Even before I was born, my mom had started buying books for me. From comics to encyclopedia, I had everything in my house. I wasn't even ready to read them, then. I still remember my mom narrating each and every story that came in a comic called "tinkle". I didnt even know if she was telling the real story of cooking up stories to make them fascinating, until I turned 6 years of age. Vinoo and me started reading comics from then on. Yes. Too early for a kid to... But we did... By 8 years of age, I was fascinated by comics and kept reading them. But, Vinoo advanced to encyclopedias and science books. Amazing, ain't it ? Yeah ! That is him ! Mention anything about science, he can tell you more than what you know about it. Fuck unbelievable ! Thanks to my mom !

After we turned 9, something unbelievable happened. Vinoo's parents decided to take him with them ! And they did... I have many a times wondered what Vinoo would be doing now and then... I really missed him. And so I kept thinking about him. ... So do you get when, why and where my obsession for "THINKING" started ??? Yeah !

The Vinoo chapter ended temporarily... and so did my phase of "childhood".... I Wish those wonderful innocent days come back again :(

3 comments:

  1. I like this post a lot. its good to know about u and vinoo from your childhood and also about your wonderful mom... She got books for u even before u were born!!!! thats so sweet of her. And keep on blogging ... Your not alone..

    Im sure you would encounter interesting and great things in future to fill this blog..
    My best wishes...
    Vish

    ReplyDelete
  2. heya ! thanks VP ! :)

    sure.. there's a lot to know abt me and vinoo :)

    thnk u !

    ReplyDelete
  3. macha u rock...waiting for ur full story :)

    ReplyDelete